Friday, February 24, 2012

A kick in the pants, every now and then

(This is me) 

Hello my name is Zodiak and I'm a procrastinator. I guess acknowledging that you are a procrastinator is the first step towards a successful 12 step system for recovery. But why do I keep doing this to myself? Why leave things for the last minute? I always get this sick idea that if I end up doing a paper at the last minute, I will write the best paper in my life...and get an A or something. But alas, do I ever learn that procrastinating brings me incredible amounts of pressure, stress and the occasional zit? Yes and no. I never really was the person to make outlines for papers, or get a head start; I guess I suffer from chronic procrastination :( However, a part of growing up is learning how to have better time management, and learn how to control habits and vices. Therefore, in my case, I will try to remember how procrastinating has caused me a great deal of stress, and force myself to start my papers early so that I don't have to go through the process of self-torture again. So if you're procrastinating right now, because you're reading this blog...get moving and finish whatever it is you were doing! :) 

Peace & Giggles,
-Zodiak

No comments:

Post a Comment