Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A new quarter, a new beginning!

I'm excited! I'm super excited for starting a new quarter, with new classes, new faces, and most of all for getting to have a fresh start all over again. Last quarter was an amazing quarter, in the sense that I got to learn a lot about myself and the new friends I've acquired. However, soul-searching wasn't enough to keep my winter quarter from becoming a tedious routine. Work, school, house, and the cycle was only bound to be repeated. I blame that 'routine' feel to the fact that I wasn't really involved in much at school to distract me from the usual life of academia. Therefore, this spring quarter I'm determined to make the most out of this last quarter before school is out for the summer.
Since the beginning of this new quarter I've told myself that I'm going to volunteer more, become involved in my community, become part of a student board organization and enjoy all of my classes. Clearly then, shifting my perspective has helped me immensely to view everything in a more positive light, regardless of what it might be. I've learned that only I have the real power to change the way I think, and view things. As well as, how others percieve me, which believe it or not, is very important.
Throughout my experiences in college so far, I've learned the many qualities, good and bad, that are part of me. And in light of turning a new leaf (or school quarter) I am determined to further develop my good qualities, and curb or abolish my bad qualities. Because in the end, all I really want to be is the best ME I can be, in regards to every realm and dimension  in my life.
Therefore, what will your goal be for this new quarter? And what are your plans to achieve it?
P.S. - As you can tell, I'm no English major....so another goal for this quarter is to write more blogs, and hone in on my writing skills! :p
Peace & Smarties
Zodiak

No comments:

Post a Comment