Sunday, February 26, 2012

Experiences of an Amateur Foodista

(Foodie = food junkie, hence the ie :p)

I love food. And as I get older, my palette becomes more sophisticated...depending on my wallet.  As a college student on a budget, Lord knows that trying out different foods can take you places! And one of those awesome places happens to be, Thai Bowl. Yes, Thai Bowl! One of those hole in the wall places on Lincoln Avenue, and on Taylor Street by the UIC campus. I love their simple, yet comforting food...like a grandma pumping out chocolate chip cookies in the oven. Yet, their 'simple' noodle based dishes are filled with tasty spices and flavors. But one of my favorite things about this place is that you won't leave bloated and on the verge of vomiting. You'll most likely leave happily satisfied and with a few more dollars, in your pocket, than originally expected.

When I come here I usually get the same thing, Pad Thai with chicken or tofu. And the only reason why I play it safe, is because I have extreme 'food disappointment' to the point were I won't give a restaurant a second chance. But alas, being a true foodie or foodista means being adventurous, so I try. Now, that doesn't mean that I'll be eating turtle eggs, or 'bull fries' anytime soon...but bring out the fried pickles!
Nevertheless, until I can travel to all these foodie dream lands, eating in great restaurants should suffice.

Unleash the foodie in you!
What are you favorite places to eat? What are your favorite foods?

Peace & Giggles,
-Zodiak

1 comment:

  1. Love the part that says like a grandma pumping out chocolate chip cookies

    ReplyDelete