Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Quarter-Life Crisis Blues


(Quater-life crisis sucks!) 

     So all this year I've been having long debates in my head about what I'm going to do with my life after I graduate from college. All my friends are talking about being worried about life, and questioning their existence on whether they have accomplished anything worthy of exploiting on Facebook. And quite honestly, all this talk has fueled my self-questioning as well. In a desperate attempt for answers, I scoured the internet for a self-diagnosis and was relived that even Wikipedia had an extensive article about it...lol Moreover, a quarter-life crisis can sometimes hit you like a ton of bricks. Thoughts become endless ruminations, and strings and strings of mental fights that just do not cease to exist. I think that coming of age in "post-hope" America doesn't help either, because are we really guaranteed jobs and security after we graduate college? Maybe we are, and maybe we're not.  There has been countless times when I have sought advice from some of my closest friends just to feel some reassurance that that my life will be fine, and that I'm still completely sane. 
     Yet, even in the times when my thoughts seem to take over my life, I suddenly come to the realization that at 20 years old, I should not be thinking about all these things.  I need to enjoy life, enjoy my youth and take life one day at a time.  Now I'm not saying that one should not be worried about life, or be nervous about the future...someone once told me that being nervous about something meant that you cared about something; so being nervous is not completely irrational. I guess that we are all going to be experiencing self-doubts no matter at what stage we are in our lives; and we have to accept that they're normal.  We have to cultivate our virtues, so that we may become the best individuals we can be in order to use every experience, good or bad, as a lesson.  Having a quarter-life crisis sucks, but looking at the moments that doubting thoughts about my future seemed impossible to erase, I think about the virtue of fortitude, and how much one can learn about oneself during difficult times. So let's stay motivated in 2012, let's embrace our mistakes and learn from them, but most of all let's live fully, love greatly, and laugh and enjoy the great moments life gives us. @(^.^)@

Peace & Giggles, 
-Zodiak 

No comments:

Post a Comment